Sunday, September 16, 2012

Monkey do, dump monkey

The other night I walked by the pub on my way home and a couple of friends invited me to join their table for a drink. It started out kind of strange when my friend, who was sitting next to his girlfriend, also my friend, complimented my "Daisy Dukes." (very conservative ones, I promise!).

Even though things started out a tad bizarre and I didn't know the other three guys, we had interesting conversation - where we're from and what brought us to where we live now. Later in the conversation, the guy I know made some very direct comments about me and my body.

Right in front of his girlfriend.

Then he turned around in his chair and started rubbing his leg against mine.

Right in front of his girlfriend.

She didn't seem to react but it creeped me out. That was my cue to leave.

The next day, the while scenario bugged me. I mentioned it to one friend who knows them and one who doesn't. Both had the same reaction. What a douche bag.

It's always harder to see bad behavior from within a relationship than from outside, but it's something I'm working on. And I trust my friends to point out the really egregious stuff. They promised, and I trust they will help keep me from ending up with another douche bag. In the mean time, my heart goes out to my friend, and I hope she dumps this monkey soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your single girl experiences and questions. I would love hearing from you!