Saturday, September 29, 2012

A peek in my drawer

I opened my top dresser drawer a few weeks ago and it made me laugh. It's a drawer I open so often I don't really look inside anymore. I hadn't stopped to notice how funny it might appear to a nosy guest who stops to explore on their way to the bathroom. Since my place is a loft, everything's just out there. My dresser's about three steps out of my living room.

It's my favorite drawer and the one I open most often every day.

This drawer is home to my makeup, brush and comb on one end. But on the other end, the drawer holds a lot of other must-have, life-saving single-girl possessions.

One is my Khar PM9 pistol on the right side of the pic. It's the smallest, lightest weight firearm made, with a small grip that fits my hand. It's perfect for a single girl to carry without weighing down her purse. And I carry it legally since this single girl completed training and passed a shooting test, a background check and written exam to get a concealed handgun license. It's one way this single girl stays safe.


Next is another life-saver, a handful of Black Ice ultra thin and Trojan Sensitivity BareSkin condoms. Are these the best? I don't know. There's ultra thin, ribbed, textured. Then there are colors and flavors. I stand in the store so confused by the choices that I end up closing my eyes and grabbing a box. Selecting condoms is worse than shopping for shoes at Nordstrom. Somebody tell me the best ones. Please! 

Then there are my birth control pills. I love these pills. Well, as much as you can love any pill. These are the generic brand of Seasonique. What single girl needs to have a period more than four times a year?

And last thing in the pic worth mentioning, in the white satin pouch, is my Lelo Gigi vibrator, with a ten-year guarantee, five modes that work beautifully inside and out, with a partner or alone, in deep rose, of course. It was my first, and I went straight to the top - one of the most enjoyable hundred-plus bucks I've ever spent. Just make sure it doesn't turn on in the carry on in airport security.

When I moved out of a house into my 900 square foot apartment (that I love by the way), a lot of stuff had to go. With only nine drawers in my whole place, like what you see here, everything I kept I use. Getting rid of junk and extra stuff I'll never need to touch again was so liberating. Now this single girl isn't tied down. I travel light and can pack and move wherever and almost whenever I want.

This single girl is free in many ways and loving life.

Love to the single girls,
Addison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your single girl experiences and questions. I would love hearing from you!