Tuesday, September 4, 2012

For God's sake, let go

Over the Labor Day weekend, a new and very generous friend took a group of us out for an incredible, fun afternoon and evening on the lake. We had such a blast sharing new experiences like getting married. You can read all about that one in yesterday's post, I'm sure.

And we inner tubed. The captain tried and tried to throw each of us off the tube. He weaved from side to side. We bounced and flew over the wake. The water slapped our bodies every time we hit. Hard. The two girls who sat in the tube (I'm one of them) were thankful for the serious wedgie that kept even more water from being forced into our vaginas and other places where lake water is never welcome. While the boys flipped over on the biggest waves, it took an awful lot of tossing around to throw the only other girl off.

And I never would let go. The ride was too much of an adventure, and I didn't want to fail.  

It's taken a long time for me to understand how important it is to let go and even longer to admit I have an impossible time doing it. Letting go of a friendship, a job, a client, a quick fling, a lover, a marriage. It's hard to let go, and I never want to fail.

I'm starting to learn letting go doesn't always mean you or anyone has failed. More times than not, it's simply time to move on. Go separate ways.

As I sit here typing, my butt truly aches. That lake water gave me a beating, and I should have let go. A short crash, water up the nose and the water beating would've ended.

When the pain hits the next day, you regret not letting go.

Love to the single girls,
Addison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your single girl experiences and questions. I would love hearing from you!