Friday, September 28, 2012

Is someone eavesdropping?

Yesterday, one of my clients, who happens to be a good friend, told me  as of Monday she doesn't have budget for the PR work I'm doing for her. Her company's fiscal year closes Sunday and she has to find budget to cover the work elsewhere. She felt bad.

I felt relief. I had been searching for how to tell her the company is almost impossible to work with. And right now I need the time and a vacation much worse than the money.

But someone must have been listening in. In the last 24 hours, I've gotten two new projects. Both are short term and will likely be just what's needed to fill in until my friend finds the bucks to pay for me again.

But I hope not.

I have longed for an alone getaway to a dreamy beach somewhere since I moved out of my ex's house in March. I need to feel sand between my toes again, like Zac Brown Band sings in Toes.

The workload break was going to give me time to sneak away. I want to visit Playa del Carmen or Tulum or Cabo San Lucas or any other places you can recommend. (Comments are welcomed!) The sea air and sounds of the waves will clear my mind and give me the energy to get through the upcoming holiday season.

I need to get away. To unwind. Take a break from work. A brief pause from friends, but probably not from you. I need help forgetting.

Because I can.

I'm a single girl and can go and do when and where I want. There's no asking anyone's permission or coordinating schedules. I've been procrastinating, but now it's written down. It's here in black and white, and you all know, so it will happen.

Single girls are free. Free to put our toes in the sand, snow or wherever we want our toes to be.

So do it and enjoy.

Love to the single girls,
Addison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your single girl experiences and questions. I would love hearing from you!