Sunday, September 30, 2012

Lost Saturday

There were such ambitious plans for today. Clean my apartment. Catch up on work. Invoices. Quarterly taxes.

But I woke up at 8 a.m. The first time. It was still dark out and the rain put me back to sleep. I woke up again at 9 not feeling very motivated. Then a brunch invitation - the first excuse to not start my to-do list. And it started my mouth watering for Eggs Benedict and the mimosas I've been missing since my friend was in town. Yum. Brunch got me showered and dressed; a huge accomplishment on our first rainy fall day.

That's what  I told myself.

By the time I got home from brunch, it was time for my afternoon Bobbi Brown makeup appointment at Nordstrom. Important stuff. Over an hour and $200 later, I was made up for a night out and equipped with my new Extreme Party Eye Palette. Now I just needed the extreme party.

And the leather biker jacket I'd been wanting.

Maybe Nordstrom would have the perfect one. Right at the top of the escalator. The first one I saw was the one I wanted. Of course. The June leather biker jacket is mine now. Who has time to shop all over town anyway?

But it was 5 p.m. My apartment still needed cleaning and work wasn't done. But a nap sure felt good to sleep the damp chill off before going out for the evening to catch up with my favorite friends.

Some may think Saturday was lost. This single girl says no. It was a me day, and I'm feeling good.

Wishing sweet and sexy dreams for all the single girls,
Addison




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your single girl experiences and questions. I would love hearing from you!