Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Back to the grind

If you've been reading my blogs recently, you know my best friend was in town for a couple of days. But today's back to the grind.

No more sleeping in. I wanted to lounge around this morning before a fancy cooked brunch. My mouth was watering for another mimosa. Instead I had the usual coffee and fruit before my morning jog. Yawn.

It would've been so fun to help my friend perfect her novel manuscript again. And hang out and talk crazy girl gab with my good neighbor friend I rarely get to spend an afternoon with. Then wash down delish leftover green bean casserole with yummy Bloody Marys (that my friend had to shake in a thermal travel mug since I have almost no bar shit!). 

But I had four conference calls, wrote a news release and traded countless emails to get shit done. The friend who was visiting is back home preparing for an evening client meeting and my local friend is back behind the bar making drinks for fun-starved surburban folk. Yawn.

Guess we have to work so we have money to play.

As the work day winds down, I really want a cocktail and to plan the evening out. Where to eat. Who to eat with. Our next dose of fun. But I'm looking over the list of other work I absolutely have to do tonight to catch up.

Yawn.

But I am pouring a cocktail. Because I can.

I love my job. I adore being my own boss and working from home. But spending time with friends recharges me. It's what helps get me through the days and weeks with a smile. Good friends help keep me happy, and I can't wait to do it all again.

Love to the single girls,
Addison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your single girl experiences and questions. I would love hearing from you!