Friday, October 12, 2012

Sleepless in Manhattan

Tonight I'm thankful I don't live in Manhattan. I don't think I'd ever sleep.

I'm at home now, but just got back from dinner with a professional acquaintance who's visiting from NYC, or actually lives in Brooklyn and works in the publishing industry in NYC. Over delish enchiladas and tacos, we talked about single life. What else would a girl who lives in Manhattan want to eat - or talk about - outside of Manhattan?

She told me the bars there don't close until 4 a.m. Then you can go straight from your lemon drop martini to brunch where you can sip on mimosas. Does anyone ever sleep?

But she's not single. In the eight years she and her husband have lived there, she's never stayed out until the early morning hours. Ever. And they don't even have kids? What's she thinking?

But she's single now. Well, sort of. Her husband is in LA, only two weeks into a film editing job for a new TV series. So, tonight she agreed to live the Manhattan single girl life just one night while she's at home alone.

I wonder if she'll really do it. She asked what excuse she and her friends would have to stay out. What would they celebrate? I suggested celebrating being able to stay out all night. Just because they can.

While Manhattan wouldn't be good for me every day, I can certainly visit. And stay out all night just once. Because I can.

Love to the single girls,
Addison


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your single girl experiences and questions. I would love hearing from you!