Monday, October 21, 2013

Consistently inconsistent

A couple of months ago I met a guy. He lives in the next state. And we hit it off over the weekend we met. He made me promise I would call him that week, and I did. I always do what I say I'll do. Since then, we've spent two really fun weekends together 

One thing I really liked about him was that he told me how much he believes in good communications. And we did communicate. During those three days I was at his place, we talked about the relationships we came from, where we are in life and how we felt about each other. We texted and talked for the next week.

Then he went dark. I didn't hear a word for about 10 days. I heard something happened that embarrassed him - something he had to deal with and  he wasn't ready for me to hear about it.

Then he came back. It was like we had talked that morning. He told me what happened and it was okay. I understood. He called me sweetheart and the communication was back. We both looked forward to seeing each other again.

Then we spent an amazing weekend together at my place. We were relaxed. He was affectionate and called me sweetheart. We talked about a couple of weekend trips over the next two months. After his three-hour drive home, he called and told me what a great time he had and he looked forward to the next visit. I did too.

That was the last I heard from him in three weeks. Another communication blackout.

After his visit, he went on vacation and I did as well. We agreed to talk before his vacation, but I didn't hear from him, I texted. Then I texted about the first of our weekend trips we talked about. It's less than two weeks away now but we haven't confirmed plans or bought tickets. I've only texted three times since his visit. Would a phone call be worth while before giving up?

I agree with him that communication is important, but, to me, consistent is part of that equation.

Love to the single girls,
Addison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your single girl experiences and questions. I would love hearing from you!